Office Hours and Procedural Updates
In light of recent events, Barkley Company has decided to temporarily close the exterior doors of our building beginning Saturday, March 28th.
Since Monday, March 23, 2020, our lobbies in both Bellingham and Mount Vernon have been closed. We continue to be available via telephone, e-mail and in-person when essential, by appointment. Read More…
Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
IRS Deadline Updates
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has moved the national income tax filing day to July 15, 2020. This applies to all income tax returns with an original due date of April 15, 2020, including individual taxpayers and all calendar-year C-Corporations. 2019 income tax payments, as well as quarter one estimated income tax payments, are now due on July 15, 2020. Second quarter 2020 estimated income tax payments are still due on June 15, 2020. Federal estate and gift tax returns are not included in the IRS due date adjustment and will need to be filed by their original due dates.
For more Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers please visit the IRS FAQs page.
To view State-specific tax information click here.
For Canadian-specific tax information click here.
For official IRS News Releases related to Coronavirus Tax Relief click here.
How can I take care of my employees?
- COVID-19 for Employers
- What Employers and Employees Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Summary by Barron Smith Daugert Attorneys at Law
Where can I find Business Continuity tools and resources?
- Preparing for the Business Impacts of COVID-19
- Washington Small Business Development Center Business Continuity Resources
- Washington Small Business Development Center Resiliency Guide
- Business Impact Worksheet
- COVID-19 Business Triage
- Whatcom Business Alliance
- EDASC COVID-19 REsource Guide
Is my business eligible for a low-interest federal disaster loan?
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)
Visit the VSH Blog for Tips
- CAN’T PAY YOUR TAXES? PAYMENT DUE DATE EXTENDED BECAUSE OF COVID-19
- WHAT THE APRIL 15 TAX FILING DEADLINE EXTENSION MEANS TO YOU.
- APRIL 2020 INDIVIDUAL DUE DATES
- APRIL 2020 BUSINESS DUE DATES
- THE SBA IS PROVIDING SMALL BUSINESS DISASTER LOANS FOR RELIEF DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
- TAX FILING DEADLINE DELAYED TO JULY 15
- BEWARE OF SCAMMERS DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
- CORONAVIRUS AND TAXES: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- TREASURY AND IRS ANNOUNCE 90-DAY DELAY FOR TAX PAYMENT DEADLINE
All links open in a new browser tab