What does it mean to be a best place to work? We challenge ourselves and you to be extraordinary.
Teamwork and commitment from the top. Learn more about this from our fantastic leadership team!
- Our goals are the goal of us and our clients.
- Work/life balance
- Flexible work schedules
- Camaraderie around the work we do
- Team to grow and stretch with
What makes it the best?
- Work/Life Balance
- Continuous improvement
- Team-based approach
At VSH, our firm IS our team! Rich, specialized, and fulfilling careers begin with and are continuously fueled by a strong staff development program. We support skill building and career advancement every day through personal mentor relationships, career coaching, and forward-focused, personalized development plans for all.
A bit more detail…
Work / life balance is key to VSH culture, and echoed in every team member’s training plan: In-house training programs balance learning objectives with workflow and personal time. Each program targets a specific experience level, and focuses on key topics to provide a high value for the time spent. VSH models continuous improvement in designing these programs to adjust and grow with participant feedback to stay relevant and supportive of our team’s needs.
VSH programs support our team members with technical and soft skill content at every experience level to promote continuous growth, not only as technical specialists but also as the type of peers that everyone wants to work with!
- VSH Interns experience a program designed to provide variety in experience with flexibility to accommodate individual areas of interest.
- New Staff are welcomed aboard with a winter program of applied learning and roundtable discussions lead by an experienced accountant to prepare for their first busy season.
- Second Year Staff enroll in the next level of group learning to explore and apply a selected set of technical concepts during summer and winter sessions.
- Experienced Staff join our Senior Development Program to prepare for promotion with guided exposure to technical, client service, and several other duties unique to this exciting new role.
- Emerging Leaders are recognized for their outstanding leadership aptitude and desire to pursue the Partner path. Enrollees in this program progress through levels which introduce and develop Partner-level competency in areas of technical specialty, business development, client service, advisory, and practice management.
- Seniors, Managers, and Partners transition from group study to pursuing individual specialties through carefully selected technical and leadership content. This development comes full circle at VSH with regular opportunities for all team members to learn from these Leaders through breakout training sessions and Service Line Group Meetings.
Interested? Join our team!