With 50 states come 50 sets of tax rules
Luckily, you only need one tax expert to navigate the different states, cities and municipalities for you, and VSH has the experience to do just that. Increasingly e-commerce has lead to ever-more complex interstate filing requirements. We’re here to help sort out these complexities.
We can Assist You with All 50 States
Tax laws are nuanced, and while each state wants their cut, they each define what their cut is, differently. Luckily the State & Local Tax Services department at VSH has experience helping clients navigate the nationwide tax code from Hawaii to Maine.
VSH’s State and Local Tax Services include:
- Nexus analysis – Determining if you need to file in a state
- Compliance – Preparation of federal, state and city tax returns
- State audit representation – Helping you compile the proper documentation, prepare correspondence with the auditing state, and help limit your liabilities if at all possible, as well as review the work of the auditor
- Business & Occupation (B&O) tax evaluation and preparation
- Amendment of previous years tax returns for possible refund
- State & local tax incentives – Determining if you’re eligible for state programs
- State amnesty programs – Researching your specific situation to determine if you may meet state amnesty requirements
- Planning & Consulting – Looking at the overall picture to minimize exposure in states